Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Where have all the good times gone (Part 1)

I had a call from a company to attend a 2nd interview. That has motivated me to write about the good ol times. Where the heck are they....and there will be many many parts to come. Each on a different setting. Hahaha

I declined the opportunity. Wasteful? I don't think so. Several things were running through my mind prior to the first interview. Firstly, the long working hours. It was stated in the application form itself. Are you willing to work long hours? Are you willing to work during weekends and holidays? Don't get me wrong here. I'll work hard and tough when the need arises.But somehow, at this age, I always ask myself, is there any quality in it? Would it make me a better employee? Yea ...I am still in the employee quadrant as many would say especially those in the multi-level marketing (MLM) industry.

But somehow doing the same job in a new company which guarantees long hours and lost personal hours has really made me think where do I go next. If I were assigned new responsibilities and a new role, then I would understand and take the long working hours and lost holidays as part and parcel of moving out of my comfort zone in the hope of further building my character, skills and knowledge. Other than that, I guess it's better to stay put and keep searching for the BIG ONE. It just doesn't add any quality to my life.

What drives me? It's the little teeny weeny things that I do after work. Ranting in a blog, climbing, playing badminton, getting drunk with my mateys or just junk reading. A sense of fulfilment. This is what which keeps me going and drives me to aim for better things while setting higher standards for myself. Sort of a self-improvement thing. Beggers can't be choosers I hear some say, but I think we all have the choice here. If the next opportunity to move on in your career be it moving a new company or starting your own biz is not something which is you, I say..let it go. Unless there is a little speckle of hope in it, let it go man.

What I believe is, things which adds quality to your life will improve you. It improves me. It keeps me going. If you are stuck in a rut, look inwards. What are the things which you would like to do and can do. Yeah it's true as we become older as employees, we seem to end up with less time for ourselves. And soon, we'll lose ourselves. Well, most of the time that is. Now I am feeling old.

So....where has all the good times gone... can really get to you if you really put some time to think about it.

Yeah Baby!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home