Tuesday, October 18, 2005

In the loving memory of Dickling

Some sad blogging in the memory of a great buddy.

I've decided to devote some time for Dickling. My partner's doggie passed away a few days ago. At the ripe age of 70 doggie years. Her name is Dickling. Dickling has been my partner's best buddy since young. Dickling wasn't feeling that good for the past 2 weeks. In the end, my partner had to do the most difficult thing, to put her to sleep as Dickling was suffering from pain. It's really sad to lose your buddy who has been at your side for so long.

A dog is a man's best friend. I tell you and thats true but you've already know about it. I'm sure most of us wanted a dog. I wanted one. A big one, though I am a bit scared of dogs. Ok..not scared but I need time to get use to one. My good friend has 2 Labradors. Boy..are they heavy. Cos one of em stepped on my foot. The other jumped on me. And they are still puppies. Huge puppies. Still, dogs are caring and understanding. They seldom complain. They're naughty. They're noisy most of the time. They're loveable. Bcos of this, I get pretty sick when I read about animals such as dogs being treated badly by their owners just becos they are old and not more cuddly. My gawd people, if you want something that is cuddly forever, get a soft toy. You sick people! You don't need a dog!

I have not known Dickling that well. Saw her only once. Problem was she is not friendly with strangers. I'm a stranger to her. haha..she barks angrily. She's fierce. And she's my partner's best buddy. She's a small dog. I don't remember what's the correct term, but she's more of a house pet. THe kind that you normally keep in the house rather than outside. I'll put my German Sheppard or Dobberman outside if I have one. But Dickling gets to stay inside.


I guess if you've grown up together with your dog...or rather the dog grows up with you, it's difficult to separate them both. So I could only guess the pain my partner felt when she had to make the diffcult decision to put her to sleep. Feels like a family member has gone. Everybody in the family feels sad. My partner took care of Dickling up to her very last good days. Didn't matter if Dickling was old (in dog years i mean) but she is the same little puppy that she was from the first day. She loved Dickling like a baby. Haha... I guess everyone in the family did. It didn't matter that Dickling was noisy. It didn't matter that Dickling was not easy to be trained (bcos she is a mixed-breed). Dickling was protective, loved and looked after the family. There's nothing more anybody can ask from Dickling.

I told my partner that Dickling has gone to a better place. My partner knows that Dickling is always looking at her from up there. That's the power of luv....ya baby! Dickling will always be part of the family.

Also, I'm taking this opportunity to say this, who the heck needs cats. I hate cats. I have no idea why cats make good pets. Are they caring? Are they loveable? I hate em. Dogs eat cats and that's good.

OK. Let's not go off-topic here. This is for you Dickling, wherever you are...


you will always be in our hearts forever.


Sad baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home