Sunday, July 02, 2006

Relaxing weekend

It was a relaxing weekend. Attended a gathering for my friend who will be working in Australia. Or rather migrating there, so there goes another friend leaving the country. Had a good climb on Saturday. The sun was blazing hot. Although it was cooling at times and then .. suddenly the sun comes out and roast you dark.

I watched a bit of the World Cup on national tv. Didn't have Astro so the only available match was Brazil vs France. Man.. the French were technically better and the Brazillians didn't have any chance of weaving their magic. But of course, England once again went out on penalties. A team of stars who never did shine. I don't know.. but the team in 1998 was certainly one of the best. This time, the English team was really a bunch of under-performing players.

Haiya...there goes the English team which I am supporting.

To all my friends who are reading my blog, next weekend is my long long ...and freaking long trip to Jamaica. I tell you...there is just a handful of flights there and they all sux. I will be passing through the US and the customs clearance is really a pain.

Well, get the job done and come home safely. 5 weeks and I will survive brilliantly. Still, I think there's nothing really to look forward to in Jamaica. Guess it's because I am not at the tourist spot.

Cheers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peanut Kong said...

Yo! You finally started blogging again. Been checking your blog quite regularly and coming up empty; until I gave up checking on it for awhile. :p

Thanks for the free ad for my blog. Hahaha ...

Sorry to have missed Updash's gathering. Must catch up with you folks soon.

And all this while I thought Jamaica is a great place to enjoy the sun, the sea and the hot salsa beat! :)

6:42 pm  
Blogger Peanut Kong said...

Hey!

I did some checking for ya on Jamaica!

Check out this website and if you find time over the weekend, you can visit some of the areas.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/worldguide/destinations/caribbean/jamaica/see?a=browse

Also, perhaps it's time to get into the raggae scene there. As written in the Lonely Planet website,

"Reggae Sunsplash and Reggae Sumfest are the biggest funfests on the island, held about one week apart in July/August. Sunsplash is held near Ocho Rios, Sumfest in Montego Bay. Both are frenetic beachy music festivals, with A-rated fun and X-rated dancing."

Why not check them out? Sounds like a great way to pass the time me friend! :)

Have fun eh!

7:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home