Thursday, September 07, 2006

Food for thought

The other day my colleague sent a me comment made by someone regarding work and career change. The comment goes like this. As a slave .. umm...employee I mean, we work to earn a living. Happiness is not from working but rather time and activities done with your friends and familiy. Happiness is derived from time outside your working hours.

Is that true? I guess it is true in someways. Work...salary...pays for the monthly bills and enjoyments.

But what really drives a person to go that extra mile at work? Is there no such thing? Maybe it's all in the state of mind, something like a Shangri-la or Eden (I can't remember the other fabled city where things are always perfect). When is work a career? Is work always just work ...

What drives you to excel?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

agree..!! :P ... i seems to appreciate and enjoy my time with my collegue..i guess it is the only thing tht keeps my going ...
maybe "total" surrendar to Gods helps too ...

cheer

6:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home