Tuesday, October 17, 2006

And the debate goes on...

This row over the bumiputera equity is still raging on. Check out Lim Kit Siang's blog at :-

http://blog.limkitsiang.com/?p=771

I am not a hardcore fan of politics, but I certainly know when to take attention of the situation when I see one. Still, after reading it, the first thing I did was....dig up my finance notes and check what actually is the definition of par-value. Many questions are still unanswered. And I am still awaiting the response from our government.

So far most of the articles and responses seems fair (well, most of them actually if you minus of those comments made by certain extremist groups). All have their valid points regarding the findings, the study and the issues the study is trying to bring up. It is a sensitive issue and certainly care must be taken.

Still, I am awaiting for the response from our government. It better be darn good one. And not the usual "rubbish" comments made by our government officials which certainly make you think ... are these people actually "educated" in the art of reasoning?

Come to think about it, the current episode seems to be a lesson of economics and politics to me.

Let the education begin !
Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home