Friday, November 20, 2009

5.10 Anasazi


Under the label "The I wants" is where I would list things which I would want to have. No, it's not about world peace or anything like that but more materialistic stuff. Sounds shallow but it does have a great feel-good factor. Sure, some of the things will come true, some will not and some will never happen.

My current pair of rock climbing shoe is the Five.Ten Anasazi. It's actually my first pair and it is still going strong. The shoe still maintains its shape nicely and the rubber still sticks. It's maturing up to 5 years now. Part of the rubber soles are starting to separate from the upper layer due to the flexing of the shoe when climbing. The rubber worn out due to friction.

I guess when it's time to get another pair, I will still want to have another Anasazi. It's currently in its second version, V2. Not much visual differences except an updated heel design, nicer straps and second generation rubber soles (the kind of rubber used for F1 racing). It still has the classic design of climbing shoes compared to other more popular makes. It's no longer the top-end of the Five.Ten range but it sure still rocks. All that pain of wearing one has created a bond between me and my shoe. Yes, it does hurt when you're wearing these shoes because it has to be several sizes for the extra "oomph" factor. This shoe is not for wussies.

So there you go, I want a 5.10 Anasazi V2 for my next pair.



PS. I think this will cost a cool MYR400 plus nowadays

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home