Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Only after realizing

Have you ever encountered a situation where you only realized how stupid you were or how careless you were after an incident? Or how important something is only after it has passed. Here's 2 situation.

I received a call from the "World's Local Bank" to confirm my mailing address. I gave to the person who called. Yeah, the caller identified herself and stated where she was. So I gave her my address and she confirmed with me that it matches the one which she has. Only after the conversation I realized I shouldn't have done so until I have enquired on why is she asking for it. Sure, I know why actually. But I am only assuming that she is doing it for that same reason. What I should have done is to ask her what and why is she asking this information for. She could be someone with bad intention targetting the place which I am staying just to check if anyone is in the house. If some stranger asks you for some personal details, ask them why. Even if it's the cops, ask them why.

"Kenapa encik, ada apa masalah?" (Translated : Is there any problem?)

Another situation is I received a telephone call on a certain career opportunity. Yes, the caller introduced herself and told me why and where is she calling from. They need some information from me and I am actually happy to provide them with it. What's wrong you tell me? I requested that she drop me an email so that I can reply to it. This is so ensure that I got the correct email. I've confirmed that my email which she is having is correct. However, I did not get her email on the phone. Now I end up with 2 problems. No email contact and I have forgotten her name. Another lesson learnt, confirm the email first and always record the name down. Or record any details down on a piece of paper or anything if it is an important call.

WHACK MY OWN HEAD!

I'm not paranoid but rather all these little itsy bitsy stuff are part of effective communication. If we miss out these little details, part of the communication is already lost.

Dammit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home