Saturday, November 12, 2005

Yay... it's the weekend

Yup. Weekend liao.

Got up early to clean my car. Have been cleaning my car almost every week because of the wet weather. Soil stains and water stains. Including those pesky ants. There are still on my car hiding in every nook and crevices. Damn! Took the water hose and hosed some of em of. Drown em little buggers. Later when I checked, some of them are still there. Ok. Lemme see if I got this right. If these pesky ants cannot find food they will eventually die (err..that's good). But they are still around. I hope I can starve them long enough and disturb them frequently enough until they perish or leave. Or I can get some kerosene and make a DIY flame thrower. Hahaha...

While I was washing my car, a lady approached me. She was cleaning her car right after coming back from somewhere. She asked if it's ok because there's smoke coming out from the engine bay. It's ok because the engine is hot and it touched water. Then she told me some bastards from somewhere ripped a car and stole the tires, engine and whole lot of stuff from the car. Putting in a simple way, they stripped the car for spares. I guess crime is getting more frequent not just at my place but almost everywhere. What can we do? We can't stop these bastards unless we catch them and these other buggers are not easy to catch. They're thieves anyway. MOst of the time, I will inform the other neighbours if something like this happened. So that everyone will be aware and be alert in case of strangers around of housing area. I think those bastards are also pros. Must be mechanics or used to work as mechanics.

My mum has always this theory on why people or rather these bastards steal. To generate business. Someone steals the wheels, let's say. not just one but 4. THe poor fella has to replace them. Goes to a workshop to replace them. See, the business guys benefit. I do not think that all business guys are like that so shitty but some are. Like those newpaper reports on unscrupulous tow-truck operators purposely creating accident spots on the highway. In economics, it's called the spill-over effect. If this happens, so will that. If there is no demand, there will not be any supply.

So, my theory is if we are aware of what's happening, we will be more alert and hopefully prevent these thefts. The other thing that pisses me off are the theft of drain and manhole covers. Blardy bastards.

It's weekend. It's my time. Let's make the most of it. Let's also stick together and overcome these stealing bunch of losers.

Also, to my Nottingham uni mates who are going complete their dissertation, congrats. You are almost there and many more challenges lay ahead. Go Kitty go go go!

Go baby!

1 Comments:

Blogger Peanut Kong said...

You are also a UNIM student? Hmmm ... I wonder who and if I know you. I am struggling with my dissertation at the moment. Sigh!

6:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home