Saturday, December 10, 2005

Weekend is here

First things first. Today I tried the pillow-on-chair solution. Yup..you've gotta believe me. It's much comfortable sitting on the hotel chair and using my laptop. The wonder's of non-technology related solutions. My sitting position is much better now. My shoulders are no longer aching. I am also happily blogging over here. And I've lost my excuse for not working in my hotel room. Haha. I shall be very productive all because of a pillow under my bottom.

It was really an unproductive week. Sigh. That means more trouble ahead as we are behind the schedule. However, I intend to stay within the project schedule. This is to be achieved by filling the gaps in the project schedule by working off-office hours. A sad case of no-life scenario. Who cares!

I'll write a bit more about the city of Karachi. It has some distinctive smell in the air. That's because of the swamps nearby. Sometimes the smell gets stronger with the wind. The weather is cool now. Winter related but you wouldn't be able to see snow. Traffic is bad during peak hours. I guess it's bad like Kuala Lumppur's traffic except that our roads are organized. It's different here. You can hardly see the road lines. Actually there aren't any. There are traffic police directing the traffic. But I don't know if they are any good.You've got bikes coming everywhere. everybody is honking. Chaotic. You can make a u-turn in the road no matter what the conditions are or whether the traffic police is there or not. The air in the morning is fresh. Up until the traffic begins to pick up and you get....something like haze. By evening, it's smog time. It's really unhealthy air around here. I guess that's how these emerging cities are. Oh..i've not told you about the generators. Most office here have their own generators. That's because blackouts do happen. And they run unleaded petrol over here.

My typical day here is rest in the hotel and work in the office. It's fine with me. I just want to get the job done and return home. Something like The Professionals. And of course, work on my speech to stop stammering.

It's the weekend. I wanna rest. Can't climb in Karachi. Have the gym. I guess I'll stay in the room and do my own stuff. Ok. Maybe I'll pay the gym a visit. I need to be in top form for my next climbing trip. If that's ever gonna come true.

Dang!

Ya Baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home