Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Graduating in Absentia

My MBA graduation is just round the corner. Towards the end of January. As the title of this blog suggests, I will not be attending it. I hope most of my classmate who have braved through the difficult times during the part-time studies attends the ceremony. One can only imagine the joy of being there. I won't be attending due to the work commitments and because of that I will not be around.

Somehow, it doesn't seem all that bad. I mean not attending the graduation. However, this is a once in a lifetime event. I guess my parents would love to attend one, get a few photo shots and meet my coursemates. I dunno. Maybe I'm just too distracted by work and the other happenings in life at the moment. My classmates and I have gone through much during these 2-3 years in the MBA course. Looking back, it felt like just yesterday. When I first started the course, I was like thinking....omigod. 2 years is like so long. The first semester was killing. First time being back to school. Right after work, rush to attend classes. Luckily my office was nearby. Another reason why I chose this uni was the location. Besides paying through my nose actually. On the other hand, you can think of it as a way to splash 44k+ on oneself.

It was fun. And painful. And frustrating. And sleep depriving. And health wrecking. Hmm...only one nice word and the rest are not. Time really flies actually. Now when I look back, I kinda miss those times. I guess it's all the bitter sweet memory of studying.

Once in awhile I do see my coursemates online. Some do blog. Totoro, Kitty and Leannes....haha...next time maybe there will be more and more of us. I did told one of my coursemates that this journey has ended. Another one begins. And yes that's true. I am still searching for my next career move. Haha!

To the class of 2002/2003/2004/2005 (because we were part-timers) Nottingham University Biz School, I salute you!

Ya baby!

1 Comments:

Blogger Peanut Kong said...

Congrats to you. Wonder if I will ever graduate. Didn't realise writing a dissertation can be so painful. Wish it's like writing a blog! Grrr!

2:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home