Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Smile to weather the storm

I've recovered a bit from the throat infection. I realized that I am very prone to throat infections especially when it is dusty. My doctor recommended this herb called Echinacea. It builds up the body resistant. My parents would just say, take your Scott's Emulsion. Ok. Sometimes I forgot to take them. Or sometimes, I am just too lazy to go to the pharmacy to replenish my supplements. Until I get sick. Then everything starts coming back to me on what needs to be bought and taken to keep myself healthy.

Smile. Yes that's right. When in difficulty, smile. When in pain, smile. Be optimistic. Life's just too short to frown everyday. That's what I am lacking. Smile when things are bad. Smile when things are getting worse. Smile when things are just hopeless. It helps and you should try it.

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."

Thomas Paine.

Ya baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home