Thursday, December 29, 2005

System Problems

One of the clients whom I am working with is having system problems. I hate this kind of problems. System problems. Vague. It's like trying to find a pin in the haystack. The job is painful. And the attitude of the client is not helping either. Soon the usual finger pointing will start. I guess this is part and parcel of having clients and clients who pay the annual maintenance fees for their system. I am trying to be optimistic here. Everyday at work, I hope that the system will run fine. No problems at all. Minor hiccups here and there. But never a major one. There are things to be learnt anyway from these difficult situation. With every problem, we learn something new eventhough the system belongs to us. When a problem occurs, we start to investigate. As we investigate the cause of the problem, we begin to get familiar with the system and understand the internals of it. There are just too many hands involved in designing and maintaining the system. I use to cry out loud that only the creator or the one who did the coding for a particular module knows how it is suppose to work. This is what most people say, EXPERIENCE. I gain more experience as more problems occur. However, I've had it with problems. NO MORE PROBLEMS PLEASE.

Quietly, I wish that all would go well for this client. For their good and most importantly, for the good of me. Selfish? In this situation, I will not give 2 hoots about that.

And I say it again....NO MORE PROBLEMS PLEASE. We need to get on with our lives.

It's been raining every evening. Really wet weather. It's cooling though. I guess that's good. Except that I have a cough. I hope I get well soon. Please please please......

NO MORE PROBLEMS PLEASE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home