Friday, December 30, 2005

Hey ya all....it's Friday

Friday. Yay!!!! It's a long weekend again. Yay!!!!
I hope the weather gets better for the New Year and New Year Eve. It has been raining non-stop in the evenings. Drizzles in the afternoon.

I wanna go outdoor climbing tomorrow. But if it rains, then have to cancel. By the way, the new climbing gym in 1Utama is open. Camp5. I've been there to check the place out. It's bigger than your usual climbing gym in the Summit Climbing Gym and Delta Rovers at Kepong. However, with that kind of crowd over there, I couldn't imagine how we could fit the claimed 100 over climbers in that place. Not to mention it was warm. Bloody warm. The thing that I hated most are places with poor ventilation. However, being new and innovative, mind you, the guys who setup camp5 at 1U are real pros. The walls do look good. They have a concrete wall for you to train as if you're climbing a real outdoor rock. They have their proprietary technology of rotating wheels or something so that they can change the routes easily. Though looking at it, unless you have lots of these wheels to rotate, how much different can the route be? Scratch head.My partner says it is suppose to be a 2-story gym. But if you look at it carefully, it's just another platform making up for the 2nd level.

So, conclusion is we're still a long way from there. The entrace fee is 22 bucks per day. Do not expect something like Castle in the UK (I think that's the name of the climbing gym in the UK). However, I guess this is actually the best of the best climbing gyms so far. If you like climbing indoor, this is the place to be...for now. It's new. It's happening. It's hip. However, don't expect to be allowed to linger around there. You need permission to enter the place. No one can loiter there. Well, I normally loiter at these places to see how other guys climb and learn a thing or two. But I guess with the limited space, you just can't allow people to loiter in there.

There's suppose to be a ice-climbing section..soon to come. If you have been to the gym, try figuring out where are they gonna put it. I think this is a case of unrealistic expectation, over-promised and over-hype surrounding the gym. Give credit where credit is due. This place is still cool. Just that....for how long? Oh yeah, due to the design of the gym, the walls are definitely higher. A plus point.

I have a friend who climbs a lot outdoor. He was just telling me, well, so what's great about this gym? My answer, it's new and it's there. Go climb it at least once.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home