Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Ambitions

Since I've been upgraded to a better room in the hotel, I've been receiving complimentary copies of Time magazine. Yay... I like these magazine. Last week's issue was about The Secrets of Ambition. The main article was about the lifes and backgroud of successful personalities. Quoting from the magazine it was "A surprising look at what separates life's go-getters from its also-rans". Most of these successful personalities such as in sports, Tiger Woods; in politics, Bill Clinton; in entertainment, Oprah were among those whom they wrote about. All of them showed early promises during childhood. Of course, there's the usual talk about human genes. But all these personalites showed great ambition when they were young up until today.

Am I lacking ambition? What is ambition? I am no big shot, but I feel I am in the rut. What if I were in a higher position with greater responsibilities? Would I succeed? Am I having a mental block? What is stopping me from pursuing the things that I want? Is it fear that is stopping me?

I havent really thought about these things related to ambition. I not asked myself what are my ambitions. That could be my problem. where do I want to go from here. The other thing is how am I going to achieve my ambition, what are my concrete plans. I have lots to think about. And of course, I want to overcome my stammering. The other thing is I am pre-occupied with work. Being distracted by the happenings of work. On the other hand, if you think about CEOs or successful business personalities, they have so much things on their hands and minds but they get things done albeit the long working hours. But they get things done. I work long hours but achieve nothing until later on. Different work maybe? Maybe that's all part of climbing the ladder. You get more difficult responsibilities and the long working hours is invested in getting more important things done.

I need to move up.


Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will land amongst the stars - Les Brown

Ya baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home