Sunday, January 08, 2006

Reflections

It's the first weekend spent in Karachi. Relaxed during the weekend. Had to work half-day on Saturday. Went to the gym and worked on my upper body. Hehe... like a real pro. No, not really. Just trying to get some exercise and keep the body actively working. Learned how to use the treadmill also. On Sunday, went to the gym in the morning and worked on the lower body. Think I hurt one of my legs. Hmm..not too sure. Now I am with body aches. Well, I guess that's better than sitting down doing nothing. Trying to keep myself fit so that I do not fall sick easily especially when I am away for assignments.

I have been reflecting and thinking about my future. So much to do. Need to find a place of my own. Need to sort out my career path and being away doesn't seem to help either. So I guess I have prioritized on 3 things. Property, career and family. I guess if i get the first two sorted out, which find my own place to live and sort out my career, I will have more time for family. Sometimes when thinking about these things can really make me feel down. And sometimes it makes me happy especially when one feels there are things to look forward too.

I guess I haven't sorted out my career. I am at a cross-road. I remember Kitty telling me I have to admit I have a career crisis. Staying on my current job won't help. I like to travel as part of the job, but this kind of travelling during projects really doesn't add any quality to myself. I just tell myself get the job done and leave. And then what? Sometimes you can feel really lost. Read a few career related articles. List down your strengths, list down what you would like to do, list down what you can do and compare with the reality.

And the reality doesn's look that so appealing. I guess I just have to try and try. Try harder. Get out of my comfort zone. Go reach for the stars. There's more to me than this. I am not finish yet. There is more to me than what I can do now.

What I need is action! Good time management and most importantly, sniff out all possible opportunities. Time is short. It's better to try than just to sit down and wish that things could be different.

That is what I want to do now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home