Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A New Year begins ..

It was pouring profusely during New Year's eve 2005. People were like flowing like water into the city. I know because I was there in the city. My partner and I checked into a nearby hotel in the city center just for the fun of new year's eve. We went to Sg. Wang and Low Yatt just to browse at stuff and see what's going on in the city during the eve. Nothing much really except for the crowd. And the over-burden or badly planned public transport. The monorail station was just outside our hotel. Getting on one was easy. Though I thought that the crowd should be more courteous to get inside the train so that other passengers can get into the train. Comon people, get in. I remember the old mini-bus days where the conductor would keep pushing passengers into the very back of the mini-bus. The other thing is that the monorail service was slow. I really wonder because my impression was that during festive season when there is a huge crowd, the monorail service should be more frequently. But no. It's slow like a tortoise. Maybe the rail operators were trying to max their utilization of the trains. Very funny. Very dumb. Woi...there are lots of passengers waiting to board the train!!!!

But I did enjoy my new year eve small holiday. Met up with my buddy, David who's here for a short holiday from Vietnam. I think he should be back in Vietnam...I can't remember and I should be writing all these down in my organizer. Yea..another new year resolution. Saw the fire works. This time it was great because we were actually near the fireworks. Not bad. Too much smoke though. Had a few beers before meeting up with David. Yay! Felt really tired after that. Couldn't stay up late nowadays.

The next day, my partner and me went to the new climbing gym at 1 Utame. Went as early as 10 something. Left at about 5. The car park cost about 5 bucks. I guess it's ok since we were there for so long. Climbed and climbed. We saw the usual group of climbers. And yup, they recognized us. Seems like if there's any great climbing spot or party, these guys will always be tere. Hahaha....that really felt great. Said hi to each familiar face we met over there. Some of the routes were tough. I guess tough for me actually cos there was another friend of mine who said he has done most of them and he felt that it wasn't challenging enough. Man...some people are really that good. Tried leading on the simple route. Quite high. Just needed to complete 1 more section before I get to the top. And I didn't. Fear was the factor. Really gotta get over this fear thing. So close yet so far. Dang!!! Cut my middle finger somehow. Didn't realize it until I got down and my finger was all bloody. So macho!

So that's the new year bash I had. It's simple and nice. My body as usual is aching. But no hangovers and that's cool.

Welcome to the new year, 2006!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home