Friday, January 06, 2006

I am here now, let's begin work.

Reached the airport in Karachi about late afternoon. The plane ran out of auxillary power (whatever that means) and we were stuck halfway on the runway. As usual, uneducated passengers or rather impatient passengers quickly jumped off their sit and started grabbing their luggage from the cargo section overhead. Aiya, the plane stalled on the runway. Unless these people were going to jump off the plane and rush to the terminal, it's better just to sit down. Tsk tsk...amateurs. Incidently or rather unfortunately, the plane belongs to our beloved national carrier MAS. Oh well, we landed safely anyway. We waited for the cabin doors to be opened and a bus came to ferry us back to the terminal. More delays I thought. Finally got my luggage and thankfully it was intact and ok. Went back to the hotel at roughly 4 something. The ride was terrible. The driver was speeding and it was jam as usual. Felt sick and wanted to vomit. Reached hotel in one-piece. No problem.

Found out that the floor which we wanted to stay was full. So they upgraded us to the higher floors. Smart towers as the hotel calls it. Bah! it's the same. Just that the furniture is different. And one thing that I never like when staying in a hotel is poor lighting. It was dark. Woi people, gimme some lights for heaven sake. At least the study table was bright enough. There were little lights above it. Good. Cos I have to do my readings. I am losing my memory on all things that I have learnt last time. Reading would surely help me.

Went to work today at the client's site. The same. As usual. Small. Lots of production issues. Well, am use to this already. A vetaran? Feels like so old over here. Only one aim ... get the job done. Do it to the best of my ability and return home. To search for other opportunities back home.

So I am here now, let's get our hands dirty. Time is an essense. I do my best.

Which reminds me, I haven't completed my development fully. Need to buck up.

It's cold here. Below 20. Damn kau freezing.... The other thing that I need to do is to exercise. Keep myself trim and fit.

So much for the 1st working day here.

Grooooowwwwwwwwwwlllllllll

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home