Saturday, January 14, 2006

Difficult times

Facing some difficult times now. At work and personal. Now, when does a day pass without difficulties? I guess I will just have to blog on something which will make me happy. It's normal to have difficult times and of course the good times. The salts of life (loosely translated from Malay).

I have been downloading some videos when I have breaks during work. During my free time back in the hotel, I will watch and learn some nifty climbing moves. This reminds me that I have to complete Leanne's questionnaire which is part of her dissertation. Atta girl! haha.

I feel a bit better in Karachi now. Exercising in the gym helps I guess. Sweating it out. Tryiing to eat the right food also as it's mostly spicy stuff over here. I think it's the entire region nearby. I was eating a few chicken tikka. It tasted great. Until one day when I saw how the guy prepared it over hot charcoal. Then I remembered, too much of this won't be good for my throat. i also recall articles saying that it is carcinogenic to cook over open fire. Dang! This is gonna be difficult. The other staple food around here is briyani. This is the equivalent to chicken rice over in Malaysia. Certainly can't eaat too much of briyani, because it's spicy. So what's left? Nan? Chapati? This sucks.

Really dunno what to eat. But at the moment, sticking to nan and chapati until I can figure out something else that is ok to eat.

It's a long road ahead until the month of march.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home