Thursday, January 19, 2006

Early Bird vs Night Owl

I slept earlier last night. Somehow during the night/morning, I keep waking up. Dang. Anyway, I was reading this thing in my complimentary copy of Time magazine. Ahh...the perks of staying on the executive floor. It's talking about ways to sharpen your mind. And there was a section on getting the best out of yourself. Whether you are a morning person, someone who starts work early in the morning or the night owl, those late startters who skip breakfast. By the way, the article did say breakfast is very important for both types of individual. I am an Early Bird. And this is how I should plan my work. Early in the morning, it is the time for doing creative stuff, stimulating the mind. Later part of the morning, trouble-shooting. Afternoon, the most inactive time of the mind, so let the mind rest. Mid Afternoon, troubleshooting tasks or mundane tasks. Late evening, recuperating and soon rest. OK, the early bird starts the day at 5.30am till 10pm. I can't wake up that early due to the long working hours while being in karachi. So I start my day at 8 am, work starts from 10am. Makes sense. So that's what I am doing now, creative activity such as blogging and job search/updating resume details. Hehehe....

Soon, it's back to the grinding stone. Also, they recommend taking short naps in the afternoon when the mind is temporary not willing to do anything. I use to do that back home in Malaysia. Afternoon naps, but some jack-ass always disturb me while I am taking my power-nap. Dang it.

This morning, the room-cleaner knocked on my door and gave me more bottles of drinking water. Complimentary, on the house. Well, don't expect any tips from me, I only tip the room-cleaner when I am going to leave the hotel. For good.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home